July 4th is a celebrated day here in the United States - it is the day in which we celebrate our independence. While the July 4th holiday might look different in comparison to years before due to the pandemic, there are still ways that you can have fun and enjoy the weekend safely. We know many fireworks shows may be canceled and gatherings postponed, but you'll still be able to enjoy time with household members or friends while practicing social distancing.
While July 4th more than likely won't include any lavish celebrations, there will still be an increase of cars on the road. This is typical of any holiday, which is why remembering certain safety tips can make a difference.
Here are some tips on how to remain safe while celebrating July 4th this year:
- Your safety on the road should be a top priority. While traveling, be sure to stay aware of your surroundings. July 4th is actually one of the most dangerous days to drive during the year, mainly due to the increase in alcohol consumption. Drive safely and be alert of other cars on the road, and never drink and drive.
- If you're celebrating in a public area, be sure to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
- Be careful driving in residential areas - there will more than likely be an increase in pedestrians, so drive slowly and watch out for people walking.
- If you're planning a trip farther away, be sure that your vehicle is in good enough condition to get you there. Here at Victory Auto Service & Glass, we can provide a vehicle inspection before your long trip to verify that your vehicle can handle the drive. If not, we help you take care of your vehicle's needs before you hit the road.
- Only light legal fireworks and always use them with caution. Don't light fireworks close to other people, homes, or flammable objects.
- Don't forget sunscreen and dress appropriately! Also, bring plenty of water to stay hydrated.
We hope that these safety tips will allow you to have an amazing July 4th holiday. We wish you the best, and happy Independence Day!